Sunday, May 20, 2012

Complicated Interests

The reason that I put my website to bed and started writing on this blog again is because I realized that my website didn't fully represent all the things that I enjoy doing.
I'm not just a painter, or a drawrrrer. I sew, I bike, I run the San Francisco branch of Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School and I try to balance time with friends and family as well. It can be difficult to balance all the things that I want to do, especially with a full time job.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to get some balance in my interests. Yesterday I went out for a 60 mile ride with a friend. We pretty much followed the SFR Populaire route out to Pt. Reyes Station, but we didn't follow it around to the Nicassio reservoir, we just came back the same way.

Point Reyes pelicans

We both have beautiful Pelicans!

We did a fair share of flat changing, but oh well.
Untitled

Constance and Zoë modeled for Dr Sketchy's SF last week. They recreated one of my inspiration photos:
  oh my
We talked about having it in reverse, with Constance playing the 'man' and Zoë helping her up. I love the feminism aspect of doing this pose this way, and I also love the gender flip of having Constance butch it up a little bit.

It was a lot of fun, I feel very grateful that I can help create these scenarios then I get to draw them! Seems like other people were into it as well, we had about 60 artists in attendance.

   Cute Girls 7

No comments: