Monday, January 06, 2014

Outside is free

It was nice to be in San Francisco for the holidays. I quite enjoyed being at home, watching movies, doing projects and going outside.

I did a bunch of homework for Apparel Arts, I fitted my moulage on the last day of class, then added ease to make the sloper and traced this onto oak tag over the holidays.
I have a lot of momentum around pattern drafting right now, I've also been dreaming of what working in fashion might look like. Textile design (watercolor?), textile printing (I already know printing!), who knows, I'm just researching the industry and dreaming.

I also plotted out my schedule at Apparel Arts and looked at when I might finish. I'm in it until at least 2016. It's slightly overwhelming but gives me good reason to back off on some other commitments so that I can move through the course at the recommended pace.

My friend and I went on a little city ride during the holidays. She showed me some nice spots that I didn't know about, places shrouded in Industry that yield some sweet bay scenes.

B and I spent some time at the beach on New Year's Day.
Then we went down the coast to Big Sur yesterday and enjoyed some interesting fog.
I also enjoyed posing for Pamela Palma for her calendar of SF women who bike.

No comments: