Thursday, October 03, 2013

BBP

Packed for the #dharmawheels #buddhistbikepilgrimage

I really enjoyed the Buddhist Bicycle Pilgrimage, or BBP last weekend. We set off from Spirit Rock at the crack of dawn Saturday morning. Headed out Nicassio Valley in the morning cold...I was so cold. Climbing felt nice because it warmed up the body.

Hello pumkins

We skirted around the reservoir and up to the Pt Reyes Petaluma Rd out to the Cheese Factory. Then out to Hicks and Wilson Hill.

Saw this today

After that I knew a few roads, Two Rock and whatnot. It was a nice long ride, 84 miles Saturday. We stopped at Sae Taw Win II for lunch and learned about their classes.

We got to camp near Cloverdale around 5ish, had dinner then I volunteered to clean up afterwards. I was close to the point of passing out at that point but I know how important volunteers are to these kinds of events and I wanted to give back so I washed the dishes. By the time 8pm rolled around and it was time to sit, I was nodding off on the cushion.

On Sunday, we stopped at the City of 10,000 Buddhas and Abhayagiri Monastery and learned this song:

I have enough
I am grateful
Share the blessings
Hallelujah.

May all be fed
May all things flourish
May all awaken
Bhodi Svaha

We're at the city of 10,000 Buddhas #buddhistbicyclepilgrimage

We used our route sheet, knew the path and stayed on the path.

No comments: