Tuesday, May 06, 2008

It's going to be an exciting month

I'm already booked with:

• Burlesque classes & rehearsals
• A 'you shoot me, I shoot you' photoshoot with Darling Propaganda
• And a solo performance, woo!

When the hell I'm going to paint, I don't know. I do feel like all of this is equally important to the art that I want to make...so it's ok.

I also have to be easy on myself because I'm going to spend two weeks devoted to making art next month in Moux, France.













Diane Olivier, my instructor and one of my favorite people, sent me the list of materials last week. We'll be using pastels, charcoal, possibly watercolors and if I have room I'll bring my colored pencils.

It's been a looong time since I've devoted this much time to drawing and I can't wait to see how my skills improve after the class.

We'll be staying in a house built in the 1860s, taking trips to draw in the countryside in the mornings and afternoons, and we have two days off to do whatever the hell we want!

After the workshop, Bill is meeting me and we are going to tool around the region either by car or train. We're going to decide how we feel when we get there. For sure, we'll spend a weekend in Aix-en-Provence and then some time in Barcelona.

No comments: