Monday, August 25, 2008

What a productive weekend

Work moved (again) Friday, and I was lucky to have the day off!

I spent the day lounging around Kabuki Spa and then I got one of the best massages of my life. Perhaps it was so incredibly wonderful because I needed it so badly, but I suspect that this woman also just has some sort of incredible voodoo in her hands.

Between Saturday and Sunday, I painted for many many hours, which feels fabulous. I have been feeling like I was neglecting my lovely portraits of Bombshell Betty, Sweet Cheeks and myself for too long. But I think I needed to take that break, go to France, practice drawing and come back to them.

I think the pieces needed my new and improved vision. While I was painting, I felt free and a little reckless...like my top might fall of and I didn't care...like that day in France when the storm was coming and I drew everything that I felt and I was at one with the universe.

At one with the universe, France

No comments: