Every turn of a year I take some time to reflect on the previous 365 days and think about what I would like to accomplish with the year ahead. I have a handmade book which I specifically use to document this process. It was given to me by my friend Flannery Bateman in 2006 for my birthday and it is half full, yay!
A few of my accomplishments from 2008:
• Many pastels, drawings, and paintings: link
• Participated in the 111 Minna Gallery January show and am curating the highly anticipated Pin it up, Babycakes art exhibition: link
• 2 weeks in France making pastels and cafe drawings with Diane Olivier: link
• Barcelona with handsome Bill: link
• Purchased a DSLR and photographed Tease O Rama: link
• performed solo burlesque as Sweet M'alice: link
• performed with Tramp le Monde in her solo debut!: link
• Fell in love with my bike!
A few goals for 2009:
• Focus on art as a satisfying life pursuit: both financially and emotionally
• Set up a potentially naughty 2-3 person exhibition and/or solo show
• Photograph pin ups and burlesque for painting reference: most likely on bicycles, perhaps more erotic
• Sever my mild addiction and lingering flirtation with cable TV and TV in general
• Family, friends, love, life, boobs!!
• Studio space
• Face my fear
Inspiration for 2009
Alice Austen and Gertrude Tate 1891
Alice Austin and ladyfriend
Vintage bicycle ad