Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Winterfest recap

The Timbuk2 canvas messengers were finished in time for Winterfest, yay! I put the finishing touches on the bags Sunday, heat set the paint for added durability and delivered them around 6pm.
bag display  
The display looked really nice. Winner of the maple leaf bag
One happy winner! 
Phillip, winner of the bikey bag
And another happy winner!

This was a really fun experience and I hope to do more projects like this in the future.

Winterfest was a good time. I bid on a gift certificate to the Alembic and a Bi-Rite package, which included a certificate to the store and the book that they just published, "Eat Good Food". I'm intrigued by this book, they are very interested in supporting local farmers and it is supposed to include tips and recipes to help one shop within the season.






















I didn't win anything, oh well.
Harvey Milk on a bicycle
This was a pretty rad painting of Mr. Milk.

And I'm marginally grateful that this little hotty is too big for me:
Good thing this hotty is too big for me...
I could totally see myself having a good time on this little Mikado donated by Citizen Chain. Subtle sparkly red paint, fenders, 70s styling...what's not to love??

No comments: